What is your personal information?
What information do we collect?
When you visit our website or visit/interact with/ follow our social media channels you may provide us with different types of information:
Personally identifiable information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis, such as your name, address, email address, phone number(s), date of birth, occupation, government issued identification and other information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through our agents/staff, website or social media.
And non-personal information that does not identify you or anyone else. Such as, anonymous answers to surveys or collected information about how users use our website.
Why do we collect information?
We collect and use any necessary personal information about you and anyone who represents you for business purposes, and for the following reasons:
• So we can provide services to you;
• To carry out our business requirements and activities, including sending you documents, invitations and marketing materials, and analysing website and sales data, and for internal record keeping;
• To comply with our legal obligations (such as those under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009 (AML/CFT Act));
• For credit assessment purposes, to invoice you for services provided to you and collect any debt owed to us by you (which may involve disclosing your personal information to debt collectors); and
• Any other lawful purpose connected with the function or activity of our business that we tell you about or you authorise (including in any Agreement).
How do we collect personal information?
Where possible, we will collect your personal information directly from you and/or your authorised representatives. We collect your personal information when you interact with us. For example, when you complete a request form on our website, or when you instruct us to represent you, your business or other entity. We may also collect personal information about you indirectly as permitted in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
You authorise us to collect your personal information from Anne Duncan Real Estate staff, credit reporting or identification verification agencies or other third parties, for credit assessment purposes or to fulfil our obligations under the AML/CFT Act.
We will only retain your personal information for amount of time that is necessary for the purpose it was collected. We will ensure that there are reasonable safeguards in place against loss, misuse or unauthorised disclosure or destruction of your personal information.
When you visit our website, we may send a cookie to your computer. Cookie and tracking technologies are used for gathering anonymous information like operating systems and browser types, tracking the number and use of visitors to the website.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose personal information if necessary, to the following:
• Third party service providers;
• Your professional consultants, such as lawyers;
• Credit reporting, and debt collection agencies;
• Government agencies and others, who we are legally required or authorised to share your personal information with, such as under AML/CFT Act; or
• Any other third parties we tell you about or to whom you specifically authorise us disclose such information.
Personal information is not provided to these entities for marketing purposes.
We may also use or disclose your information where that use or disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act or any other applicable law, such as where the information disclosed is publicly available. We may also disclose information when it is not in a form which identifies you.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside New Zealand?
In some circumstances, if required, we may pass on your personal information to third parties outside New Zealand. If required to do this, we have arrangements in place to ensure that such personal information will be transferred and used in a way that is consistent with the requirements of the Privacy Act and any other applicable privacy laws in the jurisdiction(s) to which the information is transferred.
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to access and request correction of your personal information. In addition, Anne Duncan Real Estate is committed to upholding your privacy rights relating to your personal information in relation to any other applicable privacy laws.